Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Handmade Christmas Gifts

This year I decided that I would hand-make a few Christmas gifts.  I had so much fun doing it!  I made a sock sheep for my newest nephew, Nathan; an arm rest pin cushion for my mom; and an outdoor barn quilt for my mother-in-law.

At this point, I had to sew the ears on the head, the head and arms to the body, and the tail to the back.

All done.  Isn't he cute?  I made a little mistake in that the legs are not supposed to be that long.

Beginning to assemble the arm rest pin cushion.

The pin cushion is in the middle; to the left are two pockets to keep your thread and scissors in; the small section to the right lays on the outside of the arm rest to keep the cushion in place.  I made one for myself at the same time!


You can faintly see the pattern lines I drew on the primed plywood.

Taping off and painting one color at a time.

I'm about to do the red at this point.  I did one color a day to allow them to fully dry before taking the tape off.  

All finished after adding a coat of outdoor polyurethane.

My in-laws plan to hang this on their barn/shed in their backyard.  I'll post a picture to the blog later when they have finished hanging it!


No comments:

Post a Comment