Sunday, January 6, 2013

Sewing Room Progress

We had the sewing room taped, mudded, and primed on Thursday and Friday.  We then got up on Saturday morning and started painting the walls in the color that I picked out.  That took two and a half hours...not bad.  Brian and I took turns shopping (he had to go to Menards and me to Walmart) during lunch and Clara's naptime.  Brian also got a second coat of paint up before Clara woke up around 2:30.  We then drove to my parents' house so they could watch the girls while Brian and I ran to Home Depot to look at baseboards and closet doors.  After dinner, we did some more cleaning and organizing of the basement.  It was a busy day!!

On Sunday, Brian painted the walls on the outside of the room and part of the ceiling inside of the room (just white) while I painted around the window frame.  We had to make another Menards trip, so when we got back and got Clara down for her nap, I painted a second coat around the window frame and Brian did laundry while watching the Colts play.  We then worked on more organization of the basement.  We're getting there, but still have lots to do!  There just don't seem to be enough hours in the day!  Next up for the sewing room...hang the door and closet doors, install the baseboards and door casing, build the closet shelves, build the cutting table and sewing table, mop and lay the area rug down.  Then it's just a matter of moving everything in!

One fun find from cleaning out the basement...I was going through Brian's memorabilia box and came across a 1993 Times Union paper where Brian's picture was in the Sports section from a basketball game and my name was mentioned in a school section for making the honor roll.  Little did we know (and especially since we didn't know each other then) that we would be married just 12 years later!
 
Hailey returns to school tomorrow, so we'll be back into that routine.  Clara turned 15 months old this past Thursday!  She's starting to communicate a little more, nodding her head for yes or shaking her head for no.  She's learned to say "dot" for hot and loves to sing the tunes to Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star and Jingle Bells.  She also loves to say "Tick tock, tick tock, da da da da" and bend from side to side (something she learned from her cousins).  It's really cute to watch.  Somehow she's also learned how to say, "Na na na na na" taunting us to chase her. :-)

15 months old!

I almost forgot to take a picture of what it looked like prior to painting!

To the left prior to painting.

To the left after painting.  I need to take the blue tape around the window off tomorrow.

After painting.

 After painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment