It probably helps that she has an older sister, but Clara just amazes me every day with what she understands!
When it was bedtime last night, I told her, "Okay, we need to go upstairs and get ready for bed!" She slid down out of my lap and walked out of the room. I finished up what I was doing and just two minutes later, she walked back into the room with a pair of pajamas. What ended up being more impressive was that she had gone over to the basket of her clean clothes I had set on the stairs (to take up the next time we went upstairs) and took out the laundry bag of socks and some washcloths to get to the pajamas which were near the bottom of the basket.
Since the temperature outside today was a balmy 58 degrees, I let her walk down to the bus stop with Hailey and I (usually I push her in a stroller). On our way back, she kept bending over and pointing at the rocks and leaves on the sidewalk. As we got closer to our house, I slowed down a little bit to get behind her and watched to see if she would recognize our house. Sure enough, she looked up, saw our house, and walked right up the driveway!
She certainly understands a lot more than she can communicate right now!
No comments:
Post a Comment