When I was younger, I received a Barbie Ice Cream Shoppe for Christmas. I loved it, especially because it made real ice cream!! One night, I had made a batch and set it on the back porch step off to the side for it to work its magic...no need to put it in the freezer, because the temperature was below freezing that evening. My brother stepped out onto the porch steps for some reason and accidentally knocked the batch over. At the time, I swore he did it on purpose. I was so mad at him! My parents wouldn't drive back into town to get more half n' half, so it was ruined. I've never let him forget it, giving him a hard time every so often over the years.
Well, this past Christmas, he tried to redeem himself by buying a Dairy Queen Ice Cream Maker for Hailey. :-) [Our current gift giving routine among my siblings and I is to buy only for the kids if we have them, otherwise we buy for the couple.] So, tonight we put it together and made some real ice cream! Even Hailey, who is not an ice cream fan, licked her serving cup clean! Clara loves ice cream and cried when we got to the bottom of her serving cup. Is he forgiven? Maybe. But for now, it's too fun continuing to give him a hard time about it.
Turning the mixture to make the ice cream.
All ready! It even dispenses the ice cream into the serving cup!
First taste!
Yummy! Ice cream!
Thanks Uncle Vince and Aunt Austin!

No comments:
Post a Comment