Saturday, May 18, 2013

Everything is Planted!

I got everything planted in our garden this past week!  So now we wait...well, and weed and water.  So excited to see how this year's harvest turns out!

Hailey helped me get things weeded and planted this year.

She received her own set of gardening tools from her grandparents for Easter this year and put them to good use helping me weed!  That's until her friends asked her to play!  I'm still having a hard time understanding why that's more fun than gardening. :-)

I planted two green, one red, and one yellow bell pepper plants.

I skipped out on planting a grape tomato this year, because I like the cherry tomatoes better.  So, in this box (L to R) is the cherry tomato (Sweet 100), two heirloom Brandywine tomatoes, cucumbers (Straight Eight), and one more heirloom Brandywine.

My regular and snap peas are growing well.

Common Sage and Oregano in my herb section.  I also planted Sweet Basil and Lemon Basil in the section on the left of the Sage.

The strawberries beginning to fill in.

One of the rhubarb plants doing very well!

Planting into the evening hours.  I'm planting the Kitchen King green bean seeds in this box.

Summer Squash

Counterclockwise: Rosemary, Lemon Balm seeds, Chives, Chamomile seeds, Thyme, and Lavender seeds.

Jack-o-Lantern pumpkins.  Hailey's garden kit contained seed packets of beans and pumpkins.  She confessed one day that she planted the seeds in one of the garden beds.  A couple weeks later, we had these (and about 7 more) starters!

No comments:

Post a Comment