Last year for Hailey's birthday, my sister got her an Illustory book kit. It's basically a create your own published book kit for kids. I remember getting books from my grandparents when I was younger that were personalized throughout the book with my name. This kit takes it a couple steps further and lets your child create both the story and the illustrations. I had to help Hailey plan out what she wanted to write about as well as help with a few of the drawings and spelling of words, but the rest she did herself. Given the busy year we had last year, we just got around to creating the book this Summer. We submitted everything at the end of September and two weeks later, her book arrived! She was very excited to get it in the mail. She even took it to school to show her teacher and friends!
Front cover
Just a few sample pages...there are 10 in all, though. There is also a back cover with her picture and "about the author" paragraph, but since this is a public blog, I don't put identifying information on here!
Last page
No comments:
Post a Comment