Monday, October 27, 2014

Barn Wood!

I spent the last 5 days going through all the girls' old clothing creating piles for donation and garage sale.  I posted several groups of it on Facebook garage sale sites and am slowly getting some of it sold.  It will feel great to get all of it cleaned out of the basement, but it sure is emotional watching it go out the door!  I have to remember that it's just an item and not the memory!  While posting one day, I noticed someone else had posted a horse barn demolition sale.  A big company was buying the land and buildings and the current owners were selling what they could of the inside.  Barn wood seems to be of great demand these days, so I wanted to get there as soon as possible to grab up what I could (obviously within a reasonable price).  The owner said she would sell me one of the "half" stall doors for $50 and these panels of wood for an extra $10.  Sold!  The only stipulation was that we had to take them down.  Brian drove back home to get the right tools (thankfully, it was only about 15 minutes from our house) and we got everything down and in the car.  We picked up a wood carrier and filled the rest of the car up with fire wood (they sold to us for $10).  Not too bad!  Now what am I going to do with it?  I'm not sure yet, but stay tuned, because I will eventually have something in mind!

Here's what we got.  I really liked the different colors of the wood!

Since the barn was going to be demolished, I took a few pictures of what it looked like.  The door we took is in the bottom middle of the picture.  This is the original barn.  Where the wood starts to get a little lighter is where they added on later. 

One side of the original barn.

I love how the sun's rays were a rainbow of colors in this picture!

One of the stalls they were using to keep hay in to feed some of the horses they have.

Hailey kept asking if we were going to buy an entire stall so we could get a horse.  Believe me, I would if I could!

Standing in front of the door we bought.

Clara is standing by the panels we were taking down.  We got this far before Brian had to run home to get more tools.

Climbing an old ladder that leads up to the hay loft.

A pretty view that day!

No comments:

Post a Comment