One of our sunflowers opened and it is beautiful! I can't wait to be able to harvest the seeds. Four of our Jack-O'-Lantern pumpkins and two eating pumpkins have turned completely orange and the vines have died (I'm thinking powdery mildew and squash bugs are to blame), so I cut them off and put them in the basement to stay cool. I'm hoping they'll last until Halloween! There are two more Jack-O'-Lantern pumpkins left that need to finish turning orange before I cut them off. They are both more than three quarters of the way there. We canned another 4 quarts of green beans this past weekend, too! Believe it or not, there are still more growing on the plants, so we'll see how many more we end up with.
August 25th...still closed, but almost ready to open.
September 1st...open with bees looking for pollen!
So tall! My guess is that it got up to 8 or 9 feet. There are two more...one on each side. Can't wait for them to open, too!
Jack-O'-Lantern pumpkins.
Eating pumpkins. There's probably enough here for one pie.
No comments:
Post a Comment