Monday, September 16, 2013

Playing the Violin

Hailey's school gives 1st graders the opportunity to learn about the various types of stringed instruments through a weekly Strings class. If the student desires, additional small group lessons on playing either a violin, viola, or cello, are provided for a small fee.  Hailey expressed an interest in learning to play the violin.  So, we rented one from a local music store and she began lessons this past Friday.  They are once a week and a half hour long.  They will then give a concert near the end of the school year.  I'm very excited she's showing an interest in music and playing an instrument!  I look forward to helping her and maybe even learning a little myself!  My three most favorite instruments to hear live are the voice, piano, and violin, and I've never learned how to play a violin.  Keep your eye out for some performance videos in the future!

She was showing me how the chin rest works.

Clara's excited to hear Hailey play, too!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment