Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Mystery Reader

This past Friday, I got to be Hailey's classroom's first Mystery Reader!  It was a lot of fun!  When I arrived at the school and checked in, the secretary announced over the speaker into the classroom, "Mrs. Moe, you have a very Special Mystery Reader here!"  Mrs. Moe provides the students with three clues about the Mystery Reader (I provided them to her earlier in the week).  My clues were 1. I have two girls...ages 6 and 2. 2. I have brown hair. and 3. I have a vegetable garden.  I think the only thing that threw Hailey off from feeling positive it was me, was that she knew Clara was only 1 and got confused by me saying she was 2. :-)  Hailey was so excited it was me, though, and came running to the door to give me a hug yelling, "Mommy!"  

I get very nervous being the center of attention...yes, even in front of little kids...so my hands were shaking while reading the book!  I chose to read "Meteor" by Patricia Polacco and brought along a picture of Hailey and Clara touching the meteor when we visited Union City earlier this Summer.  The kids loved the book and had so many questions to ask.  It was very cute!  My favorite question came from a little boy who asked, "When you saw the meteor, did it have sparks?"  They were so impressed that something actually came from outer space and landed on the ground in someone's yard.  I'm so glad I got the chance to read for them.  It was the highlight of my day!  The pictures below are courtesy of Mrs. Moe.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment