Brian's dad came up around dinner time on Friday to help Brian work more on the sewing/craft room in the basement. They were able to get quite a bit accomplished despite some interruptions. Brian's car needed repairs, and they had to take it to two different places to get it finished. Then Brian's miter saw somehow got stuck in the "on" position and wouldn't turn off unless you unplugged it. Since it is over 2 years old, we need to call the manufacturer to see what options we have to getting it fixed.
On Sunday, Hailey, Clara, and I went to a lunch get-together at my friend, Sara's, house. After that, we met Brian at my parents' house to see my aunt, uncle, and cousins for the rest of the afternoon. Both were very fun visits!
Yesterday and today I have had jury duty. I almost got picked for a trial yesterday, but after calling 35 of us to the courtroom, they were able to get their 12 jurors and 2 alternates before calling my number. The trial was a criminal robbery and theft trial, which I'm sure probably would have been somewhat interesting to serve on. I have to continue to monitor the call-in number to make sure they don't need me to come back in the rest of the week. They said that if we aren't asked to come back in by Thursday, there would be a very very slim chance we would get called in on Friday. I'm hoping! Thankfully my mom has been kind enough to come over to our house to watch the girls and get Hailey on the bus while I've been there.
Spider web centerpieces
Accomplished so far. Next up is to frame in the closet and then wire for electricity.
Emily
Laura and Hailey
Brian, Aunt Becky, and my cousins, Ryan, Jack, and Kelly.



No comments:
Post a Comment