Despite the drought, we've still managed to get some good produce from the garden.
Rutgers Heirloom Tomatoes...I really like that all the tomatoes don't ripen at the same time. It lets us enjoy them little bits at a time instead of worrying lots of them will go wasted. We've been enjoying them in salads, BLT's, on their own with a little salt, etc. They are delicious!
I wondered why my zucchini plants weren't doing very well and discovered these little guys (Squash bugs) all over the plants. I spent a good amount of time the other night scraping them and their eggs off the bottoms of the leaves. It's surprising that even in this heat and drought, it doesn't seem to phase any bug!
This Summer Squash plant began from a little starter and as you can see has quadrupled in size. This plant and our Cherry Tomato plant are this year's winners for the most produce. When cleaning the Squash bugs off the zucchini, I noticed them on here as well, so off the bugs and their eggs went as well!
Hailey helped Clara "dress up", too!
This storm started off looking very threatening, but ended up being just a typical thunderstorm with very little rain. We don't mind the typical thunderstorm, but would have liked a little more rain!
Brian constructed this box to hold my quilting rulers in. One of my rulers had started to curve a little in the previous spot I was storing them in. When I went to slowly try to straighten it back out, it broke right in half. So I knew I needed a different place to store them.
I grabbed my camera as soon as I saw this. They were watching the landscaping guy mow our next door neighbor's lawn. :-)
Her hair has gotten so long that we need to put it up in a pony to keep it out of her eyes! Her first pony tail!
We bought these letters at the craft store, painted them, and finally got them hung in her room the other night. If you make this picture bigger, you can see her (only) two little teeth on the bottom.
Raggedy Ann is getting closer to completion! I have to finish her hair and sew a few buttons on the back of her dress and she'll be done!
After a couple weeks of curing, the garlic was now ready. I brushed off all the dirt and cut off the tops and it's now ready to use! I'll be saving some of these to plant this Fall for next year's crop, but I'm happy I was able to get this much for not even knowing how to correctly plant them the first time!
Brian traveled to Michigan yesterday for work, so I had him pick us up a half bushel of Red Haven peaches, so we can can them and use some for a pie. They smell delicious! Because of the early Spring we had this year and freezes ruining a lot of the crop, we had to pay a steep $38 for these. It worked out to be 61 cents per peach.
No comments:
Post a Comment