Sunday, August 19, 2012

School Preparations

**Please be sure to see the post below this that discusses how to subscribe to our blog and get an email each time I post a new entry.**

We have been busy preparing for Hailey to start school this coming week.  She's gotten a new haircut, new clothes (still need to get shoes), and her list of school supplies.  We also visited the library to borrow some books she needs to read before school starts.  We went on Friday to see who her teacher would be.  It showed Mrs. Summerville, and our neighbors say she is a great teacher and gives lots of homework!  Hopefully Hailey will enjoy her!  In some ways I am excited for her to start school, but in others I'm sad that her childhood days of no worries are about to end.  She's going to grow up even faster now!

We worked on cleaning the basement this weekend and made pretty good progress.  I gave Brian the idea of a craft/sewing room in the basement for me which has forced us to really get moving on the cleanup.  I'm planning to have a big garage sale next Spring to get rid of some of the stuff and then the rest will be donated.

Clara is very close to walking!  She has been taking some steps here and there and really keeping her balance when standing up by herself.  You can see some of this in the video I posted below.  She also completely understands the word "wave" and will wave when we ask her to (without any demonstration from us).  It's very cute!

 I found this material storage idea online and got it all finished this week.  I love it!  I can see all of what I have and easily transport them to shops to match colors when needing more material for a project.

Hailey's new haircut.  She's had a similar one before, so it wasn't a huge change, but I think it's a cute cut on her.

 Thank goodness we were able to get all of her lunch eaten before this happened!

 My neighbor brought this hydrangea bouquet down for us as a thank you for our help with their landscaping earlier this Spring.  These were the result of some of it!  I'll be planting one of these bushes next Spring.  It is called the Limelight Hydrangea.

 Getting so big!


She was definitely taking more steps prior to this, but by the time that I got the camera out, her attention was on to something else.

No comments:

Post a Comment