On Saturday, my sister, Stacy, and niece, Laura, came over in the morning so that Brian and I could go and get our annual anniversary massages. I look forward to this time of year very much! Our anniversary is actually on Monday, but it was much easier to celebrate over the weekend. We also went out to eat at Outback later that evening while my parents watched the girls. It was nice to get away just the two of us for a little while!
On Sunday, we canned 7 quarts and 13 pints of the Red Haven peaches Brian brought home earlier in the week. It took us 5 hours in total to do the whole process, so we were exhausted and didn't have time to make a pie. I'm going to try and do that tomorrow, though. It was a good day, in terms of weather, to do the canning. It only reached the upper 70's. Now we can have delicious peaches all throughout the winter!
One of my favorites from the photo shoot.
Hailey's is on the left, Clara's is on the right, and mine is in the middle. I ended up making the hair on Clara's a little too short.
The three of us with our Raggedy Ann's. Mine was made by Nana, Hailey's by my mom, and Clara's by my mom and me.
I had to laugh at how Clara's pony tail laid today. She looked like she had a whale's water spout coming out of her head. :-)
Delicious, canned Red Haven peaches!





No comments:
Post a Comment