On Tuesday morning, Hailey & I were on our way to Hailey's daycare and she says (in reference to a house whose Christmas lights were turned on on Monday morning, but were not on now), "Oh, they don't have their lights on. Christmas is over." I said, "Did you enjoy Christmas this year?" She said, "Yep." Don't worry, I wasn't mean...I did tell her that Christmas wasn't close to being over.
On Thursday morning, my mom stopped by to watch Hailey so I could run to the doctor's office (darn sinus infection). They were watching a scene in Polar Express where the wolves are jumping up near the train. Hailey said, "Grammy, see those dogs!" Grammy says, "Those are actually wolves...a type of dog." Hailey just looked at her like she didn't know what she was talking about. When I got home, she said, "Mommy, are there dogs on the train?" I said, "Yes". She turned to Grammy and said, "See. My mom said they are dogs."
On Thursday evening, Hailey & I sat in the car while Brian ran in to Menards to get something. Hailey had unbuckled her seatbelt and gotten up into the driver's seat. She was trying to be sneaky about honking the horn, so I attempted to distract her by saying, "Look Hailey, there's a family who just bought a Christmas tree!" Then I hear this, "Beep!" I yelled, "Hailey! Don't do that!" She said, "But they are strangers. I'm trying to get them to not look at us." Yes, Hailey. Honking your horn at strangers is a sure-fire way to get them to NOT look at you.
This morning, Brian & I were sleeping in a little bit when Hailey came down to our room. She walked over to Brian's side of the bed and said, "Watch this." She then walked over to our blinds and lifted them up saying, "See...the sun's out!" After realizing she made the sun shine on our bed and in our eyes, she said, "Oh. Sorry guys."
We went to get our Christmas tree this afternoon and as we were driving around the tree lot looking for the right one, I would say to Brian, "Oh wait, back up a little bit. I want to see that one again." We asked Hailey if she saw any tree she liked, so she started looking as well. A minute later she says, "Wait. Back up, Daddy. I see a good one."
No comments:
Post a Comment