Sunday, November 7, 2010

It's Already November?

I can't believe that it's already November and now only 7 more weeks until Christmas!  Time is going too fast!  We had a busy weekend.  On Friday, Hailey & I drove down to my workplace to drop off fundraiser merchandise that my co-workers purchased.  I think that is the first time I've had Hailey there since she was a baby!  Then we drove over to visit Brian's workplace and his co-workers.  Between my co-workers and Brian's co-workers offering her leftover Halloween candy, she had quite a few pieces before we left.  We stopped by a granite store on the way home to look at colors and prices since we would like to put granite countertops in our kitchen.  After that, we stopped by my parents' house to pick up something my mom had gotten for Hailey.  My brother-in-law's mother stopped by as well to get my mom's opinion on a quilt she was making, so we stayed and talked to her for an hour.  Once we got home, my friend, Laura, stopped by for a visit.  Brian got home from work shortly after Laura left.  We made dinner and then watched "The Back-up Plan" (a cute movie).

On Saturday, we drove up to Milwaukee to a different granite warehouse to look at their colors and prices and then drove back down to the first granite store so Brian could see what they had there also.  We found a color we liked in Milwaukee and was glad that they also had it.  We chose to use the first granite store, because his prices were slightly less expensive and they had what we wanted.  I found another color there I really liked, so it ended up being a really hard decision.  They are coming out to do the measurements on Thursday but can't do the installation until after Thanksgiving.  They are booked!  Thankfully we aren't in a big hurry, so that worked out fine with us.  We did want to get it completed before Christmas, though, since we have a bunch of vacation time to use up.  In fact, I'm excited because this past week was my last full week of work.  I have at least one vacation day planned for the next 8 weeks!  Later that afternoon, we went over to my parents' house to celebrate my dad's birthday.  My mom made sloppy joe's, homemade mac n' cheese, and ceasar salad.  It was good!  We had carrot cake & cheesecake for dessert.  The funniest part of the night was when Laura was wanting to go downstairs to watch a movie, but my sister & brother-in-law were wanting to go home.  She tried pleading but that wasn't working.  So, she acted like she was giving up and said to my mom, "I need to get my water."  My mom said, "Ok, where is it at?"  She said, "Downstairs" as she started to run for the stairs.  We were all laughing so hard!!

Today was "Fall Back" the clocks.  I really dislike time changes...regardless of what direction they go in.  With as much electricity we use on things other than "light", I wonder if it's really saving us anything in the long run.  It's also difficult to change that "inner clock".  We were awake at 6 am, and I'm getting tired while writing this entry when it's only 7:30 pm!  We did a little shopping late morning and then relaxed in the afternoon while watching football and working on a scrapbook page.

The girls were having fun playing "ball" with Poppy.

 
This was really funny watching them!

On Thursday, we had a strong cold front move in and turn the rain into ice pellets!  It accumulated so fast!  The below pictures show what accumulated after just 5 minutes...and I'm not exaggerating!  The temperature dropped 10 degrees in less than an hour.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment