Hailey & I went out to do some Christmas shopping this morning. On our way to Borders, she said, "Where are we going?" I said, "Borders, Yankee Candle, Toys R Us...". She said, "And McDonalds?" I said, "No, we just had McDonalds yesterday..." She cut me off and said, "You don't have any money?" I thought, ahh, what a great idea, "Yes, Hailey, we don't have any money for McDonalds." She said, "Daddy didn't give you any money?" This made me laugh and I said, "Nope, he didn't." Nothing more was said about it until we got to Toys R Us and were putting our purchases on the checkout counter. The cashier was putting a new roll of paper in the machine and Hailey said, "Mommy, you can get some money for McDonalds..." and pointing to the cashier said, "She has some money." At this point I'm trying to keep my laughter contained, because I knew the cashier would have no idea why I was laughing so hard. We get to the car and Hailey asks me, "Mommy, what are you laughing at? Are you laughing at me?" I said yes and then she said, "Did you get any money?" After we got home and ate lunch, we went upstairs to clean up her toy area in our loft so I could clean the carpets. Underneath a box was a quarter and a penny. I said, "Hailey, here are some coins you dropped." She said, "Mommy! We can go to McDonalds now! Here is some money!"
No comments:
Post a Comment