Sunday, March 5, 2017

Baby Quilt

A good friend of mine, Stefanie, is having a little girl in June, so we made her a baby quilt!  It was a family affair as Brian cooked and cleaned last Saturday so I could spend the day in the sewing room! :-)  My mom helped cut some of the blocks and the girls helped me seam rip when I sewed all of the blocks the wrong way (Oops!).  My mom's friend did the quilting in less than a week turnaround time (most of the time it's several weeks turnaround, so we had lucky timing!) and had it ready for me yesterday morning.  I finished sewing on the binding last night.  We were so excited to give it to them today!  We can't wait until this little girl arrives!

The finished size was 40"x40", so perfect to lay on the floor or to cover up in a car seat.  Lots of possibilities!

You can see the star pattern here. It can also look like bows!

We made a little sock sheep for her, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment