I harvested my first rhubarb of the season on Friday, so I decided to make my grandmother's delicious strawberry-rhubarb pie. Truthfully, I think this is the best pie there is on earth! Brian's parents stayed with us for the weekend since his mom had to fly out of O'Hare airport for a business trip this week, so we got to share some with them! Margo helped me slice up the strawberries and mix the fruit ingredients together while I made the crust (also my grandmother's recipe). The pie came out of the oven evenly brown and smelling wonderful! And just as the generations before us did, we rolled the leftover pie crust out, spread a little butter on it, sprinkled a little cinnamon and sugar over it, and baked it in the oven. It was delicious!
My wonderful Nana (my mother's mother). I think food tastes so much better when it's made with memories of a loved one.
And making new memories is just as fun!
All ready for the top crust! My strawberries aren't ready yet, so we used store-bought ones.
So very good!
Our mini pan of cinnamon-sugar crust!
No comments:
Post a Comment