Monday, June 29, 2015

Summer Harvest Beginnings

The beginning of the Summer harvest has arrived!  We've been picking lots of strawberries, rhubarb, peas, lettuce, and just recently, blueberries and raspberries.  I think the green beans are right around the corner and the Amish Paste tomatoes already have fruit growing on them.  I am also very excited that this year's homemade Strawberry-Rhubarb jam will be made from only the strawberries and rhubarb we grew in our garden!

We had to cage our blueberry bushes, because our animal friends were harvesting them before we could!

First harvest of blueberries!

This is a day's harvest of strawberries.  I've picked one of these every day for the past week!

The lettuce is getting ready to go to seed since the weather is warming up, so I picked a bunch to save for some salads over the next couple weeks.

Peas straight from the garden.  They are so sweet and yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment