My sister, Stephanie, and her family have season passes to Six Flags and yesterday was "Bring a Friend" day. They took Clara and me and we had lots of fun! Although, due to Stephanie being pregnant, I got to be the designated kid rider. Apparently Natalie and Emily like to go on a couple rides that either spin you high into the air or throw you high into the air. I have a fear of heights, so the first one that made me nervous was one that raises you up high, moves around in a circle, and swings you out to the side so you are tipped sideways. I had to ride that one three times, because it was a two-seater so I had to take each child once. By the third time, I was getting the hang of it and feeling a little less nervous. However, we decided to move on to the next ride, which is the big boat ride that sways back and forth high into the air. By this point, I'm really hoping the girls change their minds, but they don't and I don't want to disappoint them. So, I go for it. Stephanie says to me before the ride starts, "Sometimes this ride freaks them out a little bit, so tell them to look at the floor of the ride if they do." Well, Aunt Lindsey freaked out more than they did and I ended up being the one looking at the floor. I was starting to feel a little nauseous by the time the ride stopped, so thank goodness Stephanie told the girls they needed to give Aunt Lindsey a little break when they shouted, "Let's go again!" After that, we stuck to rides a little lower to the ground.

First ride...a very fast spinning teacup!
Pre-boat ride.
Clara shares my fear of heights, so she was a little scared of this ride at first...
...then she realized it wasn't so bad.
Flying Strawberry ride
Flintstones Car ride
Hot air balloon ride
Lots of fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment