Last month, we had a raccoon in our tree, probably looking to see how he could get to our bird seed we had in the feeders. This month, it's a groundhog in my herb garden! I went to go and close our family room windows last night because the wind was getting a little chilly and I saw this big brown thing run behind my herbs. I went outside to investigate and found a big hole next to the oregano leading down and under the deck. I grabbed my camera and waited quietly. Once he started hearing birds come back to the feeder, he came out of the hole, peeked up over the side of the deck to see if anyone was there, and then proceeded to eat the parsley. Grr!! He has demolished it! So glad I grew him his own supply! Well, I've been on the phone with Animal Control and Pest Control this morning trying to figure out how to get rid of him. Pest Control charges $350 to remove him. Yikes! She did say to try and soak a rag in ammonia and put it in the hole. They hate ammonia. I'm also waiting for a call back from a wildlife biologist whom I need to get a permit from to trap and relocate him. I love watching wildlife, but when they start destroying all my hard work, they need to move along!

He was thinking, "Oh, you're taking pictures?..."
"Well, let me pose for you then."
Here's the groundhog peeking over the side of the deck.
All clear, so now back to that tasty parsley.
Chomping away!
What's left of my parsley. :-(
The hole leading down under the deck. I put some epsom salts in it as a website says this is also a deterrent.
No comments:
Post a Comment