Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Last Day of Summer Break

Hailey had a hard time getting to sleep last night.  She was up until 11:00!  I asked her this morning what was bothering her and she said she was anxious about going to a new school.  In our district, kindergarten and first grade are in one school, 2nd-5th are in another, 6-8th in another, and 9-12 in another.  Hailey and Clara will never be in the same school at the same time.  Crazy, right?  So I told her that it's not like she's the only one going to a new school.  All the rest of her friends are, too, and that I am sure she will have a great time!  We go to meet the teacher and see her classroom tonight.  Maybe she'll feel a little better after that.

Even Clara is feeling anxious about Hailey going back to school.  Last week she stepped on the scale in our bathroom and after I told her how much she weighed, she said, "That means I can't go to school."  I said, "Why?"  I noticed her bottom lip come out and I said, "Are you upset that Hailey has to go back to school?"  She said yes and started crying.  I said, "Did you want to go to school with her?"  She said yes.  Poor thing.  She loves her sister and loves playing with her!

We're planning on having a fun day today, though!  One last hurrah before the craziness of the school year starts.  This summer sure flew by fast!  I'm not one of those mothers who "can't wait for my kids to go back to school".  My kids are never a burden to me...parenting is difficult and has its moments, but I realize how quickly this time goes by and I want to make sure I don't regret missing out on it!

No comments:

Post a Comment