I held our 4-H meetings at our town's Township Hall and when I was picking up the key for a meeting one day, the County Clerk approached me with an idea she had for a small event they wanted to hold there. She wanted to know if I thought people would come to a lunch/petting zoo/pony ride type event. I said they definitely would and told her I would be happy to spread the word once she had an advertisement made up. The event (Down on the Farm) was this past Friday and they had a great turnout! They said they had around 100 kids sign up (plus parents). We only had to pay $1 per person and we were served a small lunch of a hot dog, watermelon slice, chips, water, and freeze pop. The pony ride, petting zoo, face painting, balloon animals, games, etc. were all free! The girls had a great time!
Lots of animals to pet at the petting zoo!
This tractor was built in 1950 and the owner was there to let the kids sit on it for a picture.
Clara's turn!
The balloon man made Hailey a butterfly and Clara a kitty cat per their requests.
The lady doing face painting was good! Hailey was Elsa and Clara a kitty cat.
She used a sponge stamp to put on the bow, but the rest she painted and outlined on herself.
She also used a sponge stamp for the snowflakes. Such great work!
No comments:
Post a Comment