Sunday, May 18, 2014

Planting!

I planted about 99% of the warm weather crops today.  Just a couple more to plant and then it's just water, weed, and wait!  The cool weather crops are coming right along.  It won't be too much longer before we can enjoy their produce!  I did rotate the crops this year to see if it helps with the pest problems we've had.  Let's hope!

Snap peas and regular peas with beets in the middle.

I know it's hard to see because of how thin it is, but the asparagus is doing well!

In with the garlic is (L to R) spinach, arugula, and lettuce.

I'll be harvesting some of this rhubarb in the next couple days.  There are several stalks ready to go!  Also, we are in the process of re-painting our fence, so it's getting an initial wash down.

The herbs are growing well.  I need to add a few more...rosemary, basil, thyme.

The raspberries started shooting off to the left (yay!) so we added more stakes.

This rhubarb plant also has some stalks ready to harvest!

No comments:

Post a Comment