First you combine 3.5 cups of sugar with 1/2 cup of powdered sugar.
Mix one egg white until "frothy".
Add the egg white to the sugar mixture and mix well until you get a "wet sand" consistency.
I found this egg mold at Michaels. You have to make sure the egg opens the long way. You put the sugar mixture in the egg mold and then hollow out the inside of the egg. On the front side, you hollow all the way to the bottom to create the window. Let sit in the mold for 1 hour and then in a quick motion, turn the mold over onto parchment paper and lift up to release.
Let dry overnight. As you can see, I had to try several times to get this right.
Once dry, I used a "Royal Icing" recipe to glue the two pieces together, to glue the little decorations inside, and to decorate the outside.
More outer decorations.
No comments:
Post a Comment