Sunday, April 27, 2014

Brian's Surprise 40th Birthday Celebration

With the help of Brian's parents, I threw a surprise 40th birthday celebration for Brian in his hometown this past Saturday.  It turned out great!!  Lots of family and friends came to help celebrate!

I made all of the decorations by hand (except the balloon bouquets) using my Cricut machine and printer.  These were quotes about middle age and turning 40.

I had fun looking for these!

The banner.

Brian's parents rented a community center across the street from their house.  It worked out perfectly!

The cake and cookies table.  Brian's cousins, Jennifer and Lori, made the delicious cookies in the shape of 40's.  Brian's mom ordered the cakes which were (in the back) a Turtle cake that when you cut into it, oozed out caramel (so so good!), a chocolate cake with chocolate custard (in the center with the 40's on it), and a lemon raspberry (in the front), which was my favorite.

Cake table with the balloons.

Pinwheels and a meat/cheese tray

Fruits, veggies, chips, and pretzels

All ready!

I have been friends with these girls since 6th grade!  They went to college with Brian and knew both Brian and I before we even met!

SURPRISE!!!

Brian's Uncle Garry played the Happy Birthday song on the piano.

Second cousins eating some snacks while watching "Frozen".

Brian's Aunt Lana, cousin Rachel, and her kids, Gavin, Grace, and Gabrielle.

Brian's cousins, Jennifer and Lori (with husband, Kyle).

Good friends, Adam and Mindy with their children, Claire, Lila, and Jonah.

High school friend, Stephanie.

Brian's Uncle Garry, Aunt Wanda, and cousin, Joel.

Brian's Uncle Jon and Aunt Kathy.

Brian's cousin, Mike with wife Terri, and children Mikey and Avery.

Friend Mary with boyfriend, David.

Brian's Aunt Ronda, Uncle Dave, and cousins Nathan and Sally.

Friends Brad and Sarah.

Brian's Aunt Sherry.

Second cousins, Rylan and Clara.

Second cousins taking a ride in the tractor trailer!

Brian and I

Our little family

Brian's cousin, Scott with wife Amy, and children Rylan and Deegan.

Brian's parents, Larry and Margo.
 

1 comment:

  1. Looks like it was a great day! We are so sad we missed it. We thought of you though knowing it was taking place. :)

    ReplyDelete