When I was younger, my grandfather used to call us in the morning on April Fools Day to play a joke on us. So, when I was talking to my mom the morning of April 1st, she came up with a joke to play on Hailey, and my niece, Laura. I told them that they were going to have to walk to school that morning, because our car wasn't working and their bus broke down. Their faces showed disbelief as their brains tried to process the information. Then Hailey said, "That will be good exercise! Mr. Cook (her PE teacher) would be so proud of me!" Laura, on the other hand, said, "No, I don't want to walk to school. Can I stay here with you today?" I said, "I don't think you want to. I'm going to be cleaning and stuff." She said, "That's ok." Then she kept saying, "I don't want to walk to school." Hailey responded with, "Come on, Laura. It will be fun." We go out into the garage and I open the door to the van and said, "Oh wow, look, the van works again!" By this time, Hailey realizes that I'm joking and says, "Are you just kidding?" However, Laura was still wrapped up in the joke and when we get down to the bus stop, she says, "How come everyone is waiting for the bus?" So, I told her the whole thing was a joke. She said, "Ok, good! I'm excited I get to go and see my friends today." I said, "I thought you wanted to stay home and clean with me?" She said, "Well, that's because I didn't want to walk."
Later that day, Clara was walking around saying "Apple Fruit!" I said, "No, it's April Fools." So then it became, "April Fruit!" Getting closer. :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment