We traveled to Pennsylvania for our first vacation since Clara was born! We had a GREAT time! We left on Friday, June 28th with our plane being "on time" despite isolated thunderstorms moving through both Chicago and Philadelphia. Very happy about that. However, 30 seconds after we stepped off the plane and into the Philadelphia airport, a "ground stop" was called due to thunderstorms moving through. Little did we know that we would then spend the next hour and a half waiting for our luggage! Yikes! Since the ground crew can't go outside because of the lightning, they weren't able to unload the luggage from the plane. So frustrating but out of our control. After it finally arrived, we picked up the rental car and drove a half hour to our hotel. The hotel had a complimentary valet...nice and very convenient, especially when all you had to do was text them when you were about to leave and they'd have your car pulled up and waiting for you! After bringing our luggage inside, we headed out to get some dinner. I noticed a bug on the side of the car and the valet guy said, "I think that might be a baby Praying Mantis." Sure enough, it was! I have never seen a baby one before, so it was really neat! It crawled all over your hand and even jumped from one spot to another. Hailey took a turn holding it, too. I wish we could have kept it!
Eating some lunch before we got on the plane.
Our plane.
Clara's first time flying! She actually fell asleep on take-off and slept for the majority of the flight.
Checking to see what Daddy and Hailey are doing behind us.
Excited to be going on vacation again! I have no idea why Brian is making that face.
Baby Praying Mantis
No comments:
Post a Comment