Monday, July 29, 2013

Garden Update

The girls and I picked another handful of raspberries a couple days after I had picked these.  Then they devoured all of them in two minutes!

This watermelon was doing so well until Clara pulled it right off the vine when I was attempting to pull a carrot out of the ground.  I could have cried!

Squash bugs got to one part of our yellow squash plant (you can tell by the wilted leaves).  We had to cut that branch off and then spend an hour removing any of the bug's eggs it laid underneath the leaves on the surviving part of the plant.  We also found them on our pumpkin and zucchini plants.

A great crop of zucchini so far!

Lots of cucumbers, too!

Got the garlic out of the ground and it's now curing in our basement.

No comments:

Post a Comment