Monday, May 28, 2012

Memorial Day Weekend

The weekend is over already?  But wait!  I didn't get everything done yet!  We did a lot of indoor and outdoor projects over the last couple days.  Got the battery changed in my car, took a broken screen in to Ace Hardware for repair, planted a blueberry bush, rose bush, and pumpkin seeds, removed a dying bush (need to figure out what to put in it's place), started on yet another garden box (tee hee!), shaved the cat, and worked on our monthly meal calendar.  Did I forget to mention that we also relaxed a little?  We did that, too.

If you asked Hailey if she had a fun weekend, she'd probably say "Yes!".  She played with her two neighbor friends, Reese and Michaela, almost every day.  She was in heaven!  We also got her pool out and filled, since the weather was beautiful all weekend!  Clara enjoyed the pool, too, only when Hailey didn't create a wave from coming down the slide.  That made Clara float a little and get a panicked look on her face! :-)

 We picked our first strawberry this weekend.  So sweet and delicious!

I picked up this blueberry bush starter at Walmart for $4.00 and am really excited to see new growth (see the little green leaves in the middle?)!  I didn't set my expectations high, because they are a very soil-sensitive fruit to grow and I didn't know if our soil would work or not.  I'm praying it continues to grow!

I picked up this more established blueberry bush from Home Depot in case the Walmart starter didn't work.  It was my steal of the day, because even though it was marked $15, it rang up $4.20 at the register!

The raspberries are doing well!  I'm hoping to expand them a little more to the left...just need a few to sucker out that way.

Pool time!

First time in a pool for Clara!

We had grilled chicken and corn on the cob for dinner on Saturday night.  Hailey helped me shuck the corn.  She loves corn on the cob!

Growing up so fast!  Almost 8 months!

New summer clothes!

Hailey and Reese

Hailey and Michaela (who helped do Hailey's hair)

The three of them playing in the swing set house.

No comments:

Post a Comment