I had so many dreams this weekend about going to work and realizing I wasn't supposed to be there anymore. In last night's dream, I began to worry about where I had left the girls while I was at work...had I really left them at home by themselves? Then I realized I better get home fast but couldn't make "the dream me" move very fast at all! There's one for you, dream interpreters! I'm excited to be done working, but I'm also feeling guilty (can you tell??). Everyone wishes they didn't have to work, and while I know that I'm still "working" to take care of the girls, my husband, and the house, I feel this sense of freedom I didn't feel when I had a paid job. Although, check back in a few months...I might have a different opinion about that by then! :-)
Clara's therapist, Joanne, thinks she has about 3 weeks left with the DocBand. There's an area near the back of her head and behind her left ear that she'd like to see pop out a little more. However, she thinks that in 3 weeks, she'll have outgrown the band. Normally, if the head has not improved significantly before outgrowing it, we would have to get another band to finish it. Thankfully, Joanne thinks she won't need another band. When we're all finished, I'll post pictures of the difference it made. We are very happy we did this for her!
Friday was Brian's birthday, so we made him his Texas sheet cake and had my grandmother's Swedish meatballs for dinner. Both were very yummy!! Hailey couldn't wait to try the cake and created a small finger hole in one corner. When Brian got home from work, she said, "Sorry I ruined your cake, Daddy. There's a hole in it." This made him laugh right out loud as he said, "That's okay!"
On Saturday, we purchased a swing set from Sam's Club, and Brian began the process of water sealing all the pieces of wood. We also need to level out the yard a little in order to create a flat surface for it to sit on. My parents came over on Sunday to help us determine where to put the swing set and how much we needed to level. We ended up having to move one of the garden boxes to make enough room for it. It will probably take us a couple weekends to get everything done, but I know we have at least one little girl who is extremely excited to be able to play on it!
A quick picture during Clara's one hour break from the band.
Hailey felt Clara needed to be "wrapped up".
We heard our resident owls at 2:30 am and then this little guy around 6:30 am on Saturday morning. He came back several times during the weekend pecking away at the bark. Love the detail my new camera and lens can get! This picture is worth clicking on to see more detail.
Clara loved Hailey playing peek-a-boo with her in this video!
Hailey attempting to hula hoop and Clara wishing she could try, too!


No comments:
Post a Comment