Sunday, April 8, 2012

Happy Easter!

We had a fun week!  On Friday, Clara, Hailey, and I stopped by my parents' house to see two of my mom's high school friends who had come from Michigan to visit.  It was a quick visit, because we had to then get to Clara's doctor's appointment.  She is still in the 95th percentile for height and 50th percentile for weight.  She's doing great!  After her appointment, we went over to our county's Extension Office to pick up an application form for Hailey (and her cousin, Laura) to participate in 4-H.  My siblings and I did 4-H when we were younger and loved it!  We are so excited to get the girls involved in it.  Watch for more on that later!  After that, we headed down to Clara's DocBand adjustment appointment.  Her therapist thinks that we may only have about 4-5 weeks left because her head is doing so well!  Yay!  A Hailey funny on the way home from that...we drove past a restaurant that smelled really good (sort of a steak/seafood combination smell if that makes any sense) and Hailey said, "What is that smell?"  I said, "It's that restaurant right over there."  She said, "Can we go there?  I want to order something."  I said, "What do you want to order?"  She said, "Whatever that is I smell." :-)

On Saturday, Brian's parents came up for a visit and to give the girls some Easter goodies.  One of their gifts were matching sundresses that I plan to use for a photo opportunity this summer.  I can't wait to see how they turn out!  The dresses have Hailey's favorite on them...butterflies!  On Sunday morning, Hailey and Clara found their Easter baskets from the Easter bunny and Hailey found all the eggs he hid.  Then we headed over to church for a great and inspirational service!  Almost every time I leave church, I leave with a feeling of fulfillment and peace.  I left today's service with a feeling of gratefulness and enthusiasm as well!  Jesus died for every single one of us, because that's how much He loves us and wants us to be a part of His kingdom.  After church, my family all gathered at my parents' house for an Easter lunch and get-together.  It's fun watching all the little girls play together!  I can only imagine how crazy our get-togethers will be when the twins and Clara get to be older!

 Opening her sundress from Grandma and Grandpa!

Reading Clara her book from Grandma and Grandpa!

Grandma and Hailey put the jewel stickers on Hailey's nails.

Dyeing Easter eggs

 Easter morning

 After the egg hunt...Clara's wanting to get some of the eggs!

 Family picture at my parents' house

 All of the cousins...Clara, Hailey, Natalie, Laura, and Emily.

My side of the family

The youngest of the family!

Loving sitting in the grass!

No comments:

Post a Comment