Wednesday, August 24, 2011

The World Is Coming to an End

After learning of yesterday's East Coast earthquake, my co-worker mentioned that there had also been one on Monday in Colorado.  When looking this up online, I came across a YouTube video concerning the Colorado earthquake and began reading the comments below it.  The first one said something about how if we all didn't have a relationship with Jesus, we'd better consider it soon, cause with all these natural disasters happening, these are signs of the end of time.  Oh how I get a kick out of people who think that they can predict Jesus' return based on how frequent natural disasters are happening.  If everyone did actual research, they'd see that natural disasters have not increased in frequency at all.  They are just now more widely publicized and have a greater financial impact because of the increase in the amount of people on the Earth and the value of buildings and structures we place in natural disaster prone areas.  Anyway, as I was talking to Brian later in the day (he was driving home from a golf tournament in Iowa) and telling him about the funny comments I had been reading, he said, "Lindsey, the world really is coming to an end."  I said, "Really.."  He said, "Yes, I actually played a good game of golf today!"  Brian will admit this when I say that when he golfs, the ball often goes everywhere except on the fairway, so the fact that he shot straight down the fairway this time was a huge accomplishment for him!  So, people, you better start that relationship with Jesus right now! :-)

On a somewhat sad note, the banquet hall where Brian's and my wedding reception was held burned to a total loss last night.  They were in the process of remodeling it and workers reported smoke and flames when they were leaving for the day.  They haven't determined yet what the cause of the fire was.  You can read about it here:  Holiday Inn Fire.  Thankfully our memories weren't burned!

Hailey Funny...last night she had been eating some chips and I wanted her to wash her hands afterwards.  So, I started to say, "Hailey, please go brus...I mean, wash your hands."  Thinking she wouldn't pick up on my mistake, she said, "Wait, did you just say brush?"  I said, "Yes, sorry, I meant to say wash."  She said, laughing, "Mommy, that's so silly.  I can't wash my hands with a brush!"  Kids pick up on everything!!

No comments:

Post a Comment