Sunday, March 27, 2011

Little Bit of This, Little Bit of That

I know that in general the nausea and fatigue are supposed to subside after the first trimester, but unfortunately for me, it hasn't.  I remember when I was pregnant with Hailey that it started to subside at 14 weeks.  I'm really praying it follows the same pattern again this time.  I can't wait to have the energy again to get things done!  One thing that I was finally able to do, though, is color my hair.  If only you knew how much gray I have!  So I went to the salon on Saturday and had it colored and trimmed.  Feels much better!

Hailey & Brian were rolling a plastic ball back and forth Saturday night (we told her she couldn't bounce it, cause it was too big and really meant for outside) and Brian got distracted at one point by a text message.  While he was looking down at his phone, Hailey was ready to roll the ball back to him, so she said, "Look alive, Daddy!  Look alive!"  After laughing out loud, I said, "Hailey, where did you learn to say that?"  She said, "From Jake & the Neverland Pirates"...a new show on the Disney channel.  I thought it was amazing she knew how to use the phrase at the appropriate time!

Here's what she's been doing over the past week or so:


Building a tent.  Yes, she put this together all by herself using the ribbon from a balloon, tying one end to the stair post.

 Painting with water colors.

Playing with the cats.  Emma looks really thrilled, can you tell?
Thankfully Brian doesn't have much traveling to do this week.  If he goes anywhere, it will be a there and back in one day trip.  Much different than his week before last Tuesday-Saturday trip.  I hate when trips cut into our weekend time together!  We've been watching the tournament and are definitely surprised with this year's final four (how fun it has been, though!), but now that North Carolina is out, we're rooting for Butler to win it all!

No comments:

Post a Comment