These three all took place last night:
- Brian & I were watching TV in the living room when Hailey goes running around the corner into the laundry room and we hear a small crash. We ask her what she did and she came out from the laundry room and said, "I ran into the cats' food bowl." Then she said, quite exaggeratedly with big eyes, "And Mommy, Emma dropped a piece of her food into the water bowl...pause...after I scared her." I'm starting to laugh hysterically imagining the scene. There's Emma, eating her dinner peacefully when Hailey comes storming into the room, startling her and causing her to drop the piece of food she has in her mouth into the water bowl.
- Hailey: "A worm grows a butterfly." Brian: "A worm grows into a butterfly. How does a butterfly get all its colors?" Hailey (while looking up at the sky with her finger on her chin): "Hmmm...I have an idea! The nature artist fairy can paint them!" Me: "A what?" Hailey (seeming somewhat annoyed by my asking): "Mommy, say this: Nature." Me: "Nature." Hailey: "Artist." Me: "Artist." Hailey: "Fairy." Me: "Fairy." Brian: "Boy, she dumbed that down for you, didn't she?"
- Hailey was reading her Story Reader in our bed last night as down time before going to bed and halfway through a book a male voice announces the batteries need to be replaced. I look for the battery compartment and find that it needs a screwdriver to get it opened. Hailey runs to the stairs and yells down to Brian, "Daddy! Can you get a screwdriver for my Story Reader cause THAT MAN says the batteries need to be placed."
This was from a couple weeks ago, but I forgot to post:
- Hailey & I had just gotten home and were walking through the garage to go inside. Hailey says, "Oh no! Did Daddy take my hockey sticks with him?" Brian had left the day before for Alabama. I had overheard a conversation between the two of them a few days before he left about putting the hockey sticks in the garage. I thought he was putting her outdoor play hockey stick out there because she was trying to use it in the house after he told her not to. I wasn't there to see exactly what he was putting out in the garage, though. So when I called Brian later that night to tell him that she was concerned he had taken her hockey stick with him, he laughed right out loud and said, "You know what she was referring to, right?" I told him what I thought it was and he said, "No, they were my golf clubs."
No comments:
Post a Comment