I laid some of the blocks out so you could see what the pattern looks like. The gold material will be the inner border and the flower material will be the outer border. I can't wait to see what it looks like all finished!
My uncle called my mom the other day to let her know that her childhood home caught fire and ended up being a total loss. The owners had problems with a wood burner in the house which started the fire. My mom was really sad that a piece of her childhood was gone. The house was also her grandparents' house, so it had been in the family for quite some time. I reminded her that one thing that can't burn down with the house are the memories. Quite truthfully, the day my grandparents moved from that home was the day the home would never be the same. It's not the house that makes it a home, it's the people.
This is what the house looked like in June 2009.
Here's what it looked like after the fire.
Brian & I did some more cleaning today. Hailey had a fever from Thursday into Friday which turned out to be a bad head cold. Poor thing went from pink eye to a head cold. Hopefully she'll be on the mend soon!

Ohh, the house fire is sad....but you are right....it's the memories that matter!!!
ReplyDeleteThe house I was born in was "condemned" and torn down...now that is really sad!