Last Friday, Hailey had a check-up with the ENT to see how the tubes in her ears were doing. At her last check-up, her right ear tube was starting to make its way out and this time, it had just a little more to go, so he decided to take it out. She did pretty well with getting the tube out, but there was an extra piece still in the ear canal that scratched on its way out making her cry. Poor thing! He said the left one hadn't started coming out, so in May she'll be re-evaluated and he may have to take it out (under anesthesia again).
Hopefully that won't be necessary, but we'll see. The nurse said that she could get two stickers this time for having to get her tube out. That made her happy. However, when we got in the car, she informed me that she actually took 3 stickers! Next time I need to pay a little closer attention! Saturday was pretty uneventful. Sunday afternoon, we helped Hailey prepare all of her Valentine's treat bags for her class...22 kids in total! My parents then watched Hailey (as well as Laura), so Brian & I could go out to eat for an early Valentine's dinner. The girls made cards for us and colored a wooden cupcake decoration. They had spaghetti for dinner and ice-cream for dessert. They had a great time! Brian & I wanted to go to Olive Garden for our dinner, but there was a 40 minute wait! So, we went to Fridays instead and got seated right away. I now remember why I don't eat out much...my stomach just aches after eating restaurant food! It was nice having dinner just the two of us, though!
Monday morning, Hailey woke up with a 101 degree fever. Not again! She had just had a similar fever the weekend before last. Brian & I were stuck trying to figure out what to do, because both of us had pretty important morning meetings at work. Brian got to be the lucky one to stay home and take her to the doctor. Because of her trauma at the ENT on Friday, she wanted nothing to do with this doctor checking her out. The doctor decided that she was most likely exhibiting signs of strep throat, so she gave her antibiotics to treat it. Today is day two of the medicine and she's doing remarkably better! Unfortunately she missed her Valentine's party at school yesterday, but she brought home a bag full of Valentine's today! She laid out a blanket on the floor and asked Brian & I if we wanted to have a candy picnic with her. She'd pick out a candy that she'd most likely not eat and say, "Here Mommy. Do you like these?" :-)

We had her sign her name to every card. She wanted to quit after 11 of them! I didn't blame her!
I had to help a little with her signature.
Filling the treat bags.
All finished and ready to go!
No comments:
Post a Comment