On Saturday, we got up and painted our guest bedroom a brown color called "Down Home" by Sherwin Williams. Now, I just need to finish my decorating ideas for that room, which might take a while (because one of the ideas requires me to make a few quilts and that may be 6 years from now at the rate I'm going!). I then worked on more of one of my scrapbooks for most of the afternoon. I'm getting closer to getting it done, which will make me feel better, because as Brian pointed out, I'm always working on several incomplete projects at one time.
Today we put the guest bedroom back together in the morning and then carved pumpkins in the evening! We're looking forward to Halloween next Sunday! Hailey has settled on being Minnie Mouse. I think she's getting into it more this year, which is so fun!
A couple Hailey funnies...this morning she was riding her bicycle around the basement and yelled up, "Daddy?" Brian said, "What do you need, Hailey?" She said, "Daddy, my bicycle is out of gas!". Tonight she was putting an ice pack on an ankle blister she got several days ago (that's almost healed) and told me, "This ice pack has water in it. I need a different one."
I left the zucchini and squash plants in, because I still had growing fruit on them, but I'll be taking the zucchini out next weekend. It didn't survive the frost we had the other night. I added some of the fallen leaves to the empty beds as leaves provide good nutrients to the soil.
If you can imagine most of the yard covered in light brown leaves, that is what it looked like before Friday's cleanup.


No comments:
Post a Comment