Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Just The Way You Are

The other night Hailey was asking us to sit in this chair so she could "sketch" us onto paper.  She had learned of the idea from a TV show.  She first asked Clara but then came to me and said, "Mom, can you sit in the chair?  Clara's having a hard time sitting still." :-)  I was busy at the time so I told her that maybe I could later.  An hour or so passes and she has now decided that if she can take a picture of us, she can sketch us from the picture.  I was impressed she came up with this on her own!  So she asks me, "Mommy, can you come sit in the chair so I can take your picture?"  I said (nicely), "Well, can we wait until tomorrow instead?  I don't look very good right now."  She smiled, gave me a hug, and shyly said, "Oh, I love you just the way you are, Mommy."  And yes, I did pose for her picture after that.

No comments:

Post a Comment