Friday, December 20, 2013

Handprint Ornament

Clara and I made a salt dough handprint ornament for her this week.  Hailey has so many handprint ornaments/papers/crafts from when she was in daycare and I wanted to make sure Clara also had some for future memories.  I found a simple recipe online...1/2 cup salt, 1/2 cup flour, 1/4 cup water (give or take a little), kneed until dough forms, press hand into dough to make print, cut along outside of print leaving a little border, add a hole at the top for a hook or ribbon, and bake for 3 hours at 200 degrees.  I let it sit for the rest of the day to make sure it was good and dry before I painted it the next day with acrylic paint.  I then sprayed it with a matte acrylic sealer, let it dry, added a red ribbon, and hung it on the tree!  I like how it turned out, and it was very easy!!


No comments:

Post a Comment