Sunday, August 18, 2013

Garden Update

Everything is growing so well!!

And strong! Although, I noticed yesterday that some of the zucchini and pumpkin leaves are starting to wilt due to powdery mildew.  I'm hoping the dry hot weather this week will help to correct that.

We've never had tomato plants get this tall.  My husband is 6'6, so these plants are nearly 6' tall!
Our Mammoth sunflower grows taller by the day as well.  It's supposed to grow as tall as 12'.  I'm 5'7, so I would say it's about halfway there!

We'll have our choice of Jack-O-Lantern pumpkins this Fall!  Better yet, we won't have to pay a dime for them!

This one, and the one above, are only two of the 6+ we have growing right now.

We have about 3 eating pumpkins growing.  I'm looking forward to fresh pumpkin pie this Thanksgiving!

  
We also have three strong watermelons growing!

The herb garden is doing great!  I'll be taking some of these in to dry soon!
 
Yay!  The tomatoes are finally turning red!  We'll probably be able to harvest some (and maybe pressure can if enough ripen at the same time) this week!

Some of the recent harvest!

No comments:

Post a Comment