The nervousness I felt when finally making the decision real was similar to the nervousness I feel when making a large financial purchase. You end up coming up with lots of "What if's." What if Brian lost his job? What if I didn't calculate our finances right? What if I can't get back into my career? Then I have to remind myself that I need to trust God, because I know He has a plan for us. I know He will always provide, and I just need to TRUST Him. So, that's what I'm focusing on right now. I am excited for this opportunity. I started working two days after I graduated college and besides two 3 month maternity leaves, I haven't had any other break. I'm looking forward to making our weekends "family time" instead of two days to catch up on cleaning and other work. I think it will be a great situation for our family and we feel very blessed to be able to do this.
We had a fun weekend! We hosted "Game Night" on Saturday night with some friends. We ate some great desserts, caught up on the latest, and then played a few rounds of "Mad Gab". The night just went too fast! On Sunday, Brian's parents came up for a visit. They met us at church and stayed through the first half of the Super Bowl before heading back home. It was great spending time with them!
Apparently big sisters need a crown in order to be in charge!
Game night crew (L to R): Sarah, Eric, Joshua, Clara, Brian, Hailey, me, Laura, and Steve.
Grandma shows Clara and Hailey the book she got Clara for a pre-Valentine's Day present.
Grandpa and Grandma with Hailey and Clara.



So excited for you as you enter this new phase in your family life. Praying that you enjoy each moment to the fullest and are blessed in this decision on a daily basis. Love to you all!!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Heidi!
ReplyDelete