On Friday morning, I dropped Hailey off at school for a couple hours so she could attend her preschool prom. They have snacks, take pictures, and then dance away all the sugar/energy (no slow-dancing at this prom!). She had a great time! I'll post a picture of her and her prom date, Colton, when I get it from the school, but here's an after-picture:
The theme was "Forever Young ". So, in the program, they asked each of the kids to finish the statement, "I will forever be... " and this is what her class responded with. I took out the last names for privacy, but Hailey's is the 6th one down. I love her answer!
Also on Friday, I finished one of my quilt wall hangings. I'm having another quilt quilted right now and I'll post a picture when I get it back. I'm not the greatest at the "quilting" part of it, because it's hard to keep all the layers straight and tight on larger quilts.
I found this panel (and other coordinating material I used for the other quilt) at a shop in northern Wisconsin near my parents' lake house. This is the artist that painted several of the paintings I have hanging in my house, so I was really excited to find this!
On Saturday, I hosted a bridal shower for my soon-to-be sister-in-law, Austin. Several members of my dad's side of the family as well as my immediate family along with Austin's mom came to the shower. It was a beautiful day...a little warm, but at least the sun was shining! We had mini sandwiches, fresh fruit, cake, punch and tea.
Austin with her mom, Sheila.
My great aunt Pat with Natalie.
Opening gifts.
Opening a place setting of the china they picked out...Ballet Ribbon.
After the shower, we went over to my parents' house to hang out for a little bit. We learned that we cannot let Hailey & Laura out of our sight anymore, because, well, I think the below pictures explain it all.
Location: Grammy's sewing room
Result: Two curious little girls with scissors. There's a little more cut on the other side as well. We had a long talk about this when we got home.






No comments:
Post a Comment