Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Father's Day!

We had a fun weekend filled with miscellaneous events/things/activities!  I started working on our honeymoon scrapbook as I'd like to get that finished before we have this second baby.  I was able to get three pages done, so not too bad!  Hailey & I did some shopping on Friday morning to get Brian his Father's Day gifts (a new fishing rod and shorts).  Once Brian got home from work, he finished putting the rest of the boxes together around the strawberry bed.  On Saturday, we got a couple more flowers to put in my flower beds out front...a white tea rose and a tango asiatic lily.  Brian bought Hailey a little fishing rod and they practiced casting in the backyard.  After practicing, they drove down to the lake in our neighborhood and practiced "real" casting.  Brian said that all of a sudden Hailey said, "Daddy, I have a fishy on here!"  He said, "No, probably not."  Then he saw the line go to the right and hurried over to finish reeling it in!  Sure enough, she got a good sized blue gill!  She was so excited to tell me when she got home.  Brian caught a big bass as well.  On Sunday, we went over to my parents' house for an early lunch Father's Day celebration.  A funny from that event...Hailey & Laura had been downstairs playing Rock Band with Uncle David & Uncle Doug (they were chosen to be the drummers with the controller turned off).  When they came back upstairs, they decided to look at the book that we had gotten my Dad.  While looking at that, Laura was tapping Hailey in the leg with the drumsticks.  Hailey said, "Don't Laura!  I'm not a drum!" :-)  Hailey played with our next door neighbor when we got home while I finished up a scrapbook page and Brian did some various things outside.

 Tasting the first edible strawberry from our crop!  Yum!!

 Each day there are new ones that turn red.  

The completed protective boxes.

This year's garden is coming along!  There is already a broccoli head and summer squash forming!

 The herb garden is doing well, also.  Our weed eater is broken right now, so please try to ignore the ugly weeds in the corner.

This was our Father's Day gift to my dad.  A picture book of a family vacation we took two years ago.  We all had a great time on that vacation!

A peek inside the book.  You can click on this picture to make it larger if needed.

First page of our honeymoon scrapbook completed.

Hailey practicing casting in the backyard.

Here's the one she caught!

Here's the one Brian caught...he wears a size 13 shoe for reference.

The new tango lily...isn't it beautiful?

I had the red, yellow, and pink tea roses from last year and was able to find a white one to add this year.

This is my Endless Summer hydrangea.  It changes color based on the soil's acidity.  Last year it was blue...this year it's pink!

My flower bed in the front.  As I figure out exactly how big each of these plants will get, I'll continue to fill in the empty spots.  The grouping of lilies in front of the new tango lily started out with just three yellow lilies two years ago, so I'm hoping the tango lily spreads like that as well.

6 months pregnant!

 The twins enjoying some play time at our Father's Day celebration.

No comments:

Post a Comment