Hailey had a physical done on Friday, because her daycare needed updated records. At first I was a little annoyed, because both our pediatrician and regular doctor said she didn't need to have yearly check-ups after the age of 2 unless we felt something was wrong. The next time she needed to go was when she turned 5 or was going to kindergarten. Then I found out she has to have 5 shots done for kindergarten (and as long as she was 4, she could get some now) and that annoyance I had went away. She had a clean bill of health...measured 41.5 inches (75-90th percentile) and weighed 35.5 lbs (50th percentile)! After the doctor left, I explained to her that she was going to get her shots next (I didn't want to leave her completely in the dark). She said, "Do they have to use the pin thing?" I said, "Yes, that's the only way they can get the medicine into your leg." She seemed a little nervous, but didn't say she didn't want them at all. So when the nurse came in and got everything ready, she put her hands out in front of her and said, "I'm not ready yet. I'm not ready yet." :-) She got to pick out two prizes from the prize bucket (since she got two shots) and all was right with the world again.
I was so excited to see strawberries starting to grow on our strawberry plants! Now, if we can keep our resident chipmunk and birds from eating them, we'll be able to enjoy some fresh strawberries this season. We can't wait!
Here's one of the larger ones.
One side of the bed...if you look close enough, you can see several berries forming throughout.
We bought Hailey a shelf to display her water globes on, so she helped Brian sand it and paint it. She was actually pretty good at it!

No comments:
Post a Comment