Sunday, May 15, 2011

A lot Happening!

Thank you to anyone who prayed for my grandfather.  The good news is that he survived the surgery.  The bad news is that they weren't able to do anything.  The doctor got him all opened up and ready to go but then couldn't find a section of the artery to clamp without causing him to have a heart attack or bleed out (he thought he saw one on the CAT scan, but once he actually got in there, it was not as good).  So, he's back where he started but now with a large incision to heal.  The doctor gave him another surgery option, but there is only a 10-15% chance it will actually work.  My grandfather decided to decline that and get a second opinion.  So, please continue your prayers for him.  He's in really bad shape, but I know he's not ready for his life to be over just yet.

Last weekend, my virus software popped up saying I had a virus on my computer (I have no idea where it came from or how we got it).  I attempted to remove it as it instructed, and really thought I had gotten rid of it, but then a couple more virus scanners started picking it up throughout this past week.  I read online that it has the ability to hide itself and can corrupt your files and such.  Yikes!!  Brian & I had been discussing getting a new computer, because when we had purchased a new monitor last year and couldn't figure out why the color kept fading in and out, Dell told us that it had to do with the fact that our video card was outdated.  Our computer was 5 years old (really not that old, but definitely old in the "computer world").  Sometimes I really dislike living in the age of technology!  I feel very lucky to have an "IT guy" (my brother-in-law) in our family.  He installed a video card and some more memory on the computer, which was working to solve the monitor problem.  Then the virus happened, and given that the software tools were not able to get rid of it, we decided now was the time to purchase a new computer.  Thankfully, all we had to purchase was the tower, so it wasn't a huge expense, but definitely not planned for!  We went over to my brother-in-law's on Friday night and he got everything set-up for us and showed me how to move the files over from the old computer.  So, now I've been trying to get everything loaded back up on to the new computer...which will definitely take longer than the weekend to accomplish.  I'm just glad to be rid of the virus!  While over at my brother-in-law's, we played with the twins a little bit.  I was sitting Emily in my lap facing forward and she was looking all around and then watching Hailey.  She was trying so hard to talk to Hailey...it was so cute!  She'd get so excited...wave her little hands and then make a "coo" noise.

Earlier that day, Hailey & I did some shopping and then met up with my friend, Laura, for a quick lunch. My mom called while we were out shopping to let us know that she found a bike for Hailey at a garage sale for $5 (my sister's neighborhood was having their annual garage sale).  All it needed was some training wheels.  We thought about getting Hailey a bike for her birthday, but after testing some out at the store, we found she needed to be just a bit taller to reach the ground.  We also found that the bike that would fit her was only $10 cheaper than the one we'd have to get her the very next year, so we decided to hold off.  At least until my mom found this one.  We found some training wheels at the store and bought her a helmet.  Since it was a very cold and rainy weekend (in the upper 40's, low 50's), we had to practice a little in the basement.  She's starting to get the hang of it, but definitely needs more practice!

Also on Friday (it was a busy day!), Hailey had an ENT appointment to check on her left ear tube.  Unfortunately, it hasn't worked it's way out yet, so the doctor wants to surgically remove it.  He said we should do it sooner rather than later, because she won't be able to get a drop of water in her ear for 14 days after the surgery. With summer approaching, staying of out sprinklers and pools will be hard.  So, we scheduled the surgery for June 2nd.  She's done well so far having no infections with the right ear tube being out, so I'm hoping we won't need to have them put back in again.  This surgery should be as quick as the surgery to put them in was, and I'm hoping she'll do just as well this time, too!

We had a local nursery deliver mulch on Friday night, so Brian got that all spread out over the landscaping beds on Saturday (in between rain showers).  He even managed to get the grass mowed on Sunday!  I worked to get my quilt top done on Sunday.  Now I just need to quilt it and add the border and I'll be done!  I'm excited to get it all finished!

Saturday marked my 10 year anniversary with the company I work for!  It's hard to believe it's been 10 years already!  I got a nice pen set with my name and the company's name printed on it.

  This storm prompted a tornado warning in the town to the west of us on Thursday.

Finally showing at 19 weeks!  Hailey took this photo...not bad, huh?

Practicing with the new bike!

 Hailey watched as I was sewing.  She loves to play with the pins in the pin cushion.

8 comments:

  1. Jack is having a tube removed on Monday. His has been in quite a bit longer than Hailey's though. :) Love the baby bump!!! Love to all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love to read your updates! How exciting to already be at the halfway point in the pregnancy!! Your belly is adorable. I pray for that little one, and for the three of you daily. May God keep you all healthy! :O) Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heidi, wow that is a long time for Jack's tube to be in if he's had them in since he was Hailey's age! Our ENT said he doesn't like them to be in for too much more than a year. Did he have a second set put in later on or is the from the original set? Hopefully he does well with the surgery, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Jen!! We miss you guys and really should try to make a trip to Indy this summer to get together. Thanks for your prayers for the baby! We feel so blessed to be having another one and are so excited!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1) Could Hailey be any cuter? (answer - no)
    2) Could you be any cuter and glow-y? (answer - no)
    3) We'll keep praying for your grandfather.

    I'm glad you 3-and-a-half Christners are healthy. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Sarah! Also, thanks for the continued prayers for my grandfather! We need to plan another get together soon...I'll be in touch.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lindsey, you look beautiful!! :) Eve and family

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, Eve! Please say hallo to your family for me!

    ReplyDelete