We enjoyed a new experience this year...well, I guess that depends on who you ask...Christmas tree picking in the dark! We headed over to the tree farm at 4 and by the time we rode the wagon out to the lot, daylight was fleeting fast. I knew I wanted a Frasier fir or something with smaller needles, so we hopped off the wagon near the fir trees. We walked through several trees and now it's pitch dark. Thank goodness for flashlights on our cell phones. We find one that I like, use the light to shine around looking for any dead spots, and Brian got to cutting. We really aren't 100% sure at this point what it totally looks like, but we're going with it. :-) We get it home, put up in the stand, and take a look at it. Brian thinks it looks like a Charlie Brown tree, I kind of like it, and the girls can't wait to put their presents they bought underneath it. It's not as big and full as we normally get, but that's what I was trying to go for this year. After we got the lights and ornaments on it, I liked it even more!

Heading out to the tree lot.
Hailey took this pretty sunset picture. See the tops of the trees at the bottom?
Hailey also took this one...I love seeing her perspective through these.
Checking the tree with our cell phone lights. The flash on the camera made it look like there was still some light left outside.
Brian started with the saw and then finished with the sawzall.
Waiting for the wagon to come back around and pick us up.
On the sleigh at the front.
All decorated!
No comments:
Post a Comment