Halloween was chilly this year...upper 30's, but thankfully very little wind. Tolerable enough to make it around the block, come back and warm up, and then back out for a different block. Our neighborhood loves Halloween and even caters to adults out walking their kids around. Alcohol shots, free hot dogs, fire pits, etc. I think it's fair to say we passed out candy to around 50-75 kids last night. On warm weather Halloweens, it's even more. My mom came over to help pass out candy and made all of us sloppy joe's for dinner. Yum! My sister, Stephanie, and her family stopped by as well. This year I also volunteered to help with the Halloween party for Hailey's classroom. I was in charge of the craft, so I had them make little pumpkin pom pom's and ghost tassels out of yarn. We were able to get through the pumpkin pom pom's, but Hailey and I had to finish the ghost tassels last night and she took them into school today.

Hailey was an arctic princess and Clara was a scarecrow. I just realized that Clara doesn't have her hat on in this picture. See the next picture below.
The "do the Clara" pose. When we were taking the pictures outside, I asked Clara to put her hand on her hip. She was too focused on smiling for the picture that she didn't hear me completely and put her hand on her head and said, "You mean like this?" I guess she was really trying to be "in character" and show she only had straw for a brain. We got a good laugh out of it.
I found an easy way to make these on Pinterest. Kids always like to attach things to their backpacks, so I thought the ghost tassels would be good for that.
No comments:
Post a Comment