Thursday, June 2, 2016

New Garden Addition

I picked up some black raspberries at the Master Gardener's plant sale a couple weekends ago.  I knew that I wanted to plant them next to the red raspberries on the side of the house, but we had a rhubarb plant there that we needed to find a new spot for before we did.  I had been wanting to relocate the rhubarb anyway as it wasn't doing the greatest in that spot.  So, Brian had to build a new box, and yes, he was not happy about it.  Not about building the box itself but about having to take up another piece of our small backyard.  I understand his argument about not having any place for the girls to play, but eating healthy is important, too, right? :-)  While he had his table saw out, he used up some old cedar sticks that we had leftover after rebuilding our fence to build me a new bird feeder.  I love it!

We moved the rhubarb to the new box and all the leaves died off after a couple days.  Technically we should have moved it in the Fall or early Spring while it was still dormant, but I'm hoping it will come back okay next year.

Our other rhubarb plant does really well on this side of the yard, so hopefully this one will like this spot, too.

Two black raspberry starts to get them going.  Very excited!

The new bird feeder. I'm debating on whether I want to paint the outside red and black to look like a barn.

No comments:

Post a Comment